PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2008, 00:52
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erm, why? Almost everyone i know is looking at somewhere else to go. there is a high turnover here. The only way around it is to take the salary cut and go 5/3 or 4/4. To pre answer the next question, it's 17% for 5/3 and 33%for 4/4.
I think life is better in pacific though.

As i said, it wasn't always like this. there are guys who have been here 4years or more and are hoping it may go back to how it was, but begining to realise it won't, and the FNGs who think it's great for the first 6 months then bail out after a year.
The new carrot is to offer upgrades to anyone who will pay and sign a bond for 3 years to make them stay, instead of asking why quality guys are leaving.

It's the 20th and i've only had 3 days off this month so far. And i've been here all month. Go figure.

And the facts of staff travel. You get a free ecomomy upgradable ticket home 6 times a year, and a total of 6 id90s for immeadiate family. That's it. The guys get business maybe 70% of the time to Paris. not 99.99% as someone mentioned earlier. Sometimes you get bumped off completely. Then the fun really starts because they try to blame you for this and take more leave off you because you were late back.

Look it's not a bad place, but not that great either. What i've said is the truth.

In answer to the cost of living, where are you from? A small quality western style apartment will cost 1500+. A semblence of a western lifestyle 1000 a month on top. If you have kids, then don't expect to save much at all.

Last edited by ia1166; 20th Jun 2008 at 01:06.