PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA new Club World Product.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2008, 19:30
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have just completed our first time in BA Club [formerly used Virgin then MaxJet], LHR-IAD and return out of T4 [and bus to the aircraft, FFS, as premium pax ]. Overall rating moderate, and I believe most of my comments have been noted before ...

1. Upper deck 747, with Mrs in the window seat ... so she could just squeeze through the gap by the cabin wall to get out instead of climbing over a sleeping stranger in the aisle seat in the next row

2. Service to window seat poor .. as noted on page 1, the CC tend to miss them out [still ].

3. When will any airline get CC to clean up as they pass ... accumulated debris everywhere, permanently ignored.

4. My aisle seat shook when people passed [whilst trying to sleep, unsuccessfully, on a rather narrow bed]. And, yes, the table is wobbly ... that's part of the IFE, I think

5. Her IFE was initially sick ... and was sharply told by "Stroppy Young Cow" not to touch it while they tried to fix it. Probably the rudest and most ineffectual CC we've even encountered.

6. IFE moderate ... why is it full of American stuff produced for a 20-yo audience with a matching IQ?

7. Food OK, but massively heavy and [IMO] over-generous. Alternative food options not mentioned when taking orders. And I don't expect pudding to be served on the tray at the outset ... FFS, this is supposed to be a premium service.

8. CC service ... how hard is it for two CC to cope with 20 pax on the top deck? Could they take any sort of interest in their pax, like the MaxJet people used to do? Service quality was just like economy, really.

9. Oh, yes, and the almost useless reading light ...

Design and quality of service ... about 6/10, bordering on 7.
Will we use them again? Probably, but with about as much enthusiasm as being offered being decapitated by an axe or a sword.