PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham Aviation.....Charming? (Not)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2008, 14:04
Whiskey Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've visited a truckload of dry and wet communities all over OZ south north east and west and lived in the Kimberlies for a fair while in the past. I've seen a range of the problems caused by alcohol, dope, strange whitefellas and blackfellas that gave up long ago.

Now it's peoples business what they choose to do and when an employer asks them to do something then it is hard to take high ground when your job's on the line. If a company chooses to make money off a peoples addiction that's legal then so what. If the product that you supply causes sexual exploitation, domestic violence, suicide, child abuse and a range of other evil crimes then hey, it's not the people who've supplied it's fault, it's those stupid people who're doing all that drinking. Hell they'd just get it elsewhere, sure it would be harder and take more time, sure sometimes they wouldn't be able to do it. It's not my fault, I didn't cause it, they'd drink anyway, they are useless and spend all their money on grog, I know how it really is coz I spent 12 months hanging out at the Kimberley Klub and ferrying those smelly natives. Now I'm in a shiny jet but I'm still an expert.

Yeh no drama from those that think all that's fine, make sure you perpetuate the problem and exploit my taxpayer dollars with your 206 charters. Don't be part of the solution. You can justify it and paint it up however you like, but the bottom line is you're making money off other peoples misery. If you still feel good about that then good luck to you, and all of us for that matter.

Now I'm not you or in your job, but I have been around so don't start with your mexican crap. I haven't been in the position where I've had to make those sorts of choices and I don't know which way I'd go. I do know I wouldn't keep making excuses and I'd tell it how it is.

Standing by for all those thoughtful retorts.