PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA proposal to stop N-reg
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2008, 09:46
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately Europe is a tiny and pretty insignificant player in Aviation (despite what some on here believe), the Feds are the big players and ultimately it is them who set the rules and procedures worldwide, eventually everyone else follows. I suspect thats lots of changes are iminent but then it has always been this way, I started flying in 1992 and there were always dark clouds on the horizon. Nobody really knows what will happen and like IO540 says we have until 2012, 4 years is a long time in aviation!
Please don't take this the wrong way but I think you (and others) are burying your head(s) in the sand. Your very comment about the FAA setting the rules is the sort of thing that causes the EASA rule makers to flex their muscles. EASA are determined to be the major player just as the European politicians are intent on building the stupid 'country' of Europe USE. They want oversight of everything that goes on in Europe (it keeps them in jobs) and they will keep on maneuvering until they get what they want.

European airspace my be a tiny bit of the world, but if you want to fly through it you have to follow the rules they set. If you are an N Reg operator based in Europe you have to fly through the airspace!

This is the way politics works. Take a look at the Irish referendum, rather than listening to the very people they represent they are looking at ways of voiding the vote.....