PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brymon Airways
Thread: Brymon Airways
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2008, 16:02
jonathon68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fun times

I had a couple of fairly happy years with Brymon flying the -7 in the early 90's before moving onto more lucrative things.

Plymouth, St Mawgan, Jersey and Bristol etc were excellent airports for gaining experience in poor weather! In my last year I flew 810 hours (and 400+ sectors), and all for about GBP18k. I am too lazy to count up all the diversions in my logbook, but I certainly remember sharing quite a few coach trips with the passengers late at night. I remember the pax were always polite and good humoured, but maybe I was too young and naiive to know what was going on.

Some excellent people in the aeroplane (up front, in the back, and paying our wages), and on the ground (engineers plus office).

I remember the steepest ever descent profile into Newcastle! Light aircraft holding short of the runway was told to line up after the landing Brymon. Some moments later he questioned where the landing aircraft was, and tower said "cleared to line up after the landing Harrier, above you"! We certainly needed some thrust for that flare and touchdown!