PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets seniority list
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2008, 14:45
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting in August and am hoping for something with a range of no more than a couple of thousand miles. After 6 years of long haul on a widebody Boeing a change would very welcome. Long haul sounds great if you haven't done it but believe me it starts to get to you after a while, being awake when you should be asleep and trying to sleep when the rest of the world is awake. The aircraft type soon becomes irrelevant when all you want to do is crawl into bed and stay there for a week. I'm glad I did it and certainly had some good times but once in your late forties I'm not sure that it is good for you in the long term. I suppose some folks can carry on doing it, I've known a few but I know a lot more who are looking to retire or go part time. As far as I am concerned the G550/7x is for the youngsters, I will be happy enough to eventually sit in the left seat of a Bravo/Excel or whatever until I can hang my boots up. My only worry is that I may have missed the boat (again) with upgrades although the postings here suggest otherwise. Oh well, nothing ventured...