PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MK Airlines/British Global
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2008, 08:13
pfm08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
notwithstanding all the support from people outside of our beloved mk airlines and of course those from within, I for one plan to start looking for work elsewhere!
mk is under administration- this is generally not a good thing, and the purpose of an administration is one of only 3 things:
1.to rescue a company as a going concern
2.achieve a better price for the company’s assets or otherwise realise their value more favourably for the creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were wound up (without first being in administration); or
3.in certain circumstances, realise the value of property in order to make a distribution to one or more preferential creditors

No later than 8 weeks after the company enters administration, the administrator must make a statement setting out proposals for achieving the purpose of the administration or explaining why they cannot be achieved. The proposals may include a voluntary arrangement or a compromise or arrangement with creditors or members.

Perhaps I am wrong, but mathematically based on the above, MK has a 33.3% chance of survival, and I most certainly hope they do- however; am I the only employee who is wondering at the purpose of what appears to be "delaying tactics" from management in all company related comms to it's flight crew?
If, for example, in 8 weeks MK is granted a reprieve and flying resumes or if it happens to be longer (as this 8 week period can be extended subject to applications and approvals), where would MK be then with no remaining flight crew?
It seems to me that it would be in the companies best interest to apply the mushroom theory to its crew-ie. keep us in the dark and feed us B.S!

Pessimistic? Perhaps.
Pragmatic? I would prefer to think so.

MK is a great airline to work for and like everything is not perfect, but as stated perviously on this post, has a professional and friendly bunch of guys who make the job and the time away from home far better than it might otherwise be.
I hope as much as every other employee that we can pull ourselves out of this and resume flying, but prefer to observe the going's on with my eyes wide open.