PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2008, 08:00
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR @ BHX and EMA

I think in the short term there will be some re-jigging of routes at EMA to accomodate the new base at BHX and to avoid overlapping of routes where I there just isn't demand from both. LDY is one of those, on paper you have 'lost' a route but the current commercial and operating environment just doesn't allow for airlines to fly routes to 'join all the dots' on a route map, as it were.

I have no doubts in the long term that some FR destinations will be operated from both airports successfully and that some will only be from either EMA or BHX according to where demand is strongest. I have always said there is demand in the Midlands for two major airports and FR have seen an opportunity to exploit this both airports to gain a major foothold in the Midlands market.

As for expansion at EMA, well I suppose its all BHX focused at the mo because its a new base but am sure EMA will see new flights from FR too this year, the long term problem for EMA is that BHX will be the major base of the two by far and I think will see faster expansion in terms of based a/c and destinations

Personally I am not sure that a daily Derry from BHX will work, time will tell