PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Services Unicom Operators
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2008, 05:19
xxgoldxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAGRO

Part of the issue with the CAGRO should be to provide "relevant" traffic at an "appropriate" time...

If someone calls taxi at a CTAF with multiple CCT traffic I have the discretion to remain quiet and let the CCT mob sort it out then let him know later if the potential conflict still exists..

For the CAGRO (as I understand) they are obliged to pass all "relevant" traffic on first contact.. so when ABC calls taxi and the CAGRO passes 6 or more aircraft as traffic alot has happened by the time anyone else can get a word in..

this causes a lot of headaches for the CCT guys.. 1 is slow to vacate.. the next guy is now in the go around and turning downwind again number 3 now short final and the next on crosswind whilst none have been able to trasmit anything..

If the CAGRO had said "ABC multiple CCT traffic stanby for details" the frequency could be left available for the CCT traffic...

eg keep it moving mate i'm now SHORT final behind you...

Forcing one guy to pass all traffic all the time does not always help (in my opinion).. I guess the Jet guys want it.. perhaps pass traffic to them only..and others on request..