PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACA aircraft crashed in Honduras
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 18:39
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Face it, flying a jet has very little to do with visual cub piloting...
Part of being a jet pilot, I would guess and actually, the PFD is always in our line of vision and scanning it is an acquired technique...A second nature
Lemurian, I was a bit intrigued by your way to handle your performance books … but I must say you put yourself in a very special category here …

Are you flying single pilot Lemurian ?
Because the guy on your side is a Monitoring Pilot, his job is to monitor you and as part of your Standard Operation Procedures he should call you if your BANK or PITCH are approaching the limits.

During flare, I'm afraid, it is not time to look anywhere else … than outside !

Is there really a need to add anything to here ... or to the following:
Originally Posted by RWA
But in the sort of aircraft I was used to, to bank slightly into wind, I'd have applied pressure to the yoke (mere 'stick' sometimes) and also a touch of opposite rudder until my eyes - and the seat of my pants - told me that I'd managed to eliminate all or most of any drift

Lemurian, would you recognize these words ?
In order to assess the rate of descent in the flare, and the aircraft position relative to the ground, look well ahead of the aircraft

During the flare, the pilot should not concentrate on the airspeed, but only on the attitude with external cues
Specific PM call outs have been reinforced for excessive pitch attitude at landing
They are part of your Airbus Flight Crew Training Manual ...