PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets seniority list
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 16:56
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say I am with B767 on this one.

I do approve the general working of a seniority list but it does not go together very well with the policy of attracting DEC to fly on a right seat.

In my view you either have:

1) A seniority list which is clear, together with either DEC hiring because you need the experience but than straight on a left seat, or you dont attract captains at all unless they are very well aware they will be stuck on a right seat for several years.

2) No seniority list and you continue to base your fleet transfers and upgrades on qualifications and merit. In this case you are able to attract experience of DECs because they know they will be flying a right seat for a limited period of time.

In my opinion as well, this has everything to do with the financial aspect of it all. A capt at NJE touches around 7000-7500 euros/month while an FO barely reaches 4000 euros.

How can a company like NJE expect to be attracting Captains to fly a right seat for this salary, without a pre determined timeframe to upgrade?

The least they could do is attract these captains, as they do require the experience of weathered aviators, fly them on a right seat but at least pay them a salary which comes close to the salary of a captain!

In all honesty, I have been offered a job at NJE recently and I turned it down for exactly these reasons:

No timeframe

A too large step backwards financially

No security

Sorry guys, would have loved to fly for NJE and was really looking forward to it, but it just does not make any sense anymore.

Too bad for me I guess, but good luck to you all who are in allready. NJE is a very nice company, keep it that way!

But if you have 10 years + in aviation....