PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas:The Trashing Of A Brand
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 16:46
The Professor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“You would think a "Professor" would be a little more literate. Maybe that is not a prerequisite for a troll though.”

Yes, my fault. A rushed post without time for spell checking. I do apologize.

“A quick read of the Perfesers posts suggest he is strongly anti employee.”

No, not anti employee but very much pro business. You probably know the difference.

“Amusing to say the least having someone from the US commenting with such conviction on matters relating to airline customer service”

I am actually an Australian retired in Southern California and frequent QF Business Class customer, mostly trans pacific. I agree with the point you are alluding to, US majors are not the benchmark for customer service. But competitors such as EK, QF and CX do provide a good yardstick with which to measure QF service and sadly, it falls way short (but better than UA, hence my choice)

My point once again. The staff at QF, like the staff at many incumbent airlines, particularly those once fully State owned, have an entitlement mentality that should be relegated to the past. Your customers do not care how many Jetstar pilots steal your command upgrades. They do not care how much engineering is outsourced to more competitive contractors. They don't care that cabin crew are employed on different contracts or differing pay scales. But they do care when their flight to LHR is delayed by 24 hours as a result of the industrial games being played by QF staff.

Dixon is not the only one “trashing the Qantas brand”.