PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 17th Jun 2008, 15:06
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
I’ll have you know I am not a suspect, usual or otherwise. I have been found well and truly guilty of;
  • Trying my best to ensure the 3 Services have aircraft that are airworthy, safe and serviceable and, if they want to deem fit for purpose one that is not airworthy, safe or serviceable, then I’ll also do my best to ensure it comes back; and,
  • Trying my best to ensure each and every penny is spent wisely.
Despite these being legal obligations, a veritable constellation of Stars have found me guilty (apparently, both are offences) and, upon my appeal, they have advised an equally long line of Ministers to uphold their rulings. For my troubles I have been threatened with the sack and faced years of odium, so a few ill-chosen words from their supporters on this forum isn’t going to bother me.

If I am one of those accused of having the moral high ground, why thank you Sir. Why not join me? You can tell me what you did the last time a 2 Star gave you a direct order to make a false written declaration about your legal obligations. Or you can just stay behind him with the majority.