PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I continue?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 13:20
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reality Check

Lads im sorry but a positive attitude and dreams of flying for the big boys isnt going to pay off the bills.

The advice here isn't given by people who have failed (last time I checked I hadn't) its given by people who see the average wannabe who will stop at nothing to get the licence and then bitch that they are up to their eye balls in debt and now can't afford to live.

I love my job wouldn't change it for the world but you have to be realistic. We are about to enter a period of no to negative growth and the ensuing stopping of recruitment and/or loss of jobs.

Would you really want to a middle aged wannabe with high levels of debt and no way to stay current in a market geared up for guys with plenty of time?

Its all well and good saying live the dream but when the reality of the situation comes to smack you in between the eyes. Trying to repay bills and having spent 30k for a peice of paper that dream becomes a nightmare.

But hey you can live the dream, just buy the man some ray bans and a big watch!

No one can say don't train but be very very careful in that will you have access to work in the meantime to pay the bills and keep current/ build hours? If the answer to that is no I would be extremely wary of taking on even more debt than you already have. Remember the road to hell is paved with good intentions!