PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CG formula anyone ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 10:47
supernova.surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thx

Thanks for the offer to help further , in reply to my mail ....so......
Here's what i have followed so far...what i see is that sometimes at certain weights/indices the CG%MAC numbers which we can read off the Chart seem off by a tiny bit compared to what we can calculate , i'll try and recreate that situation and post the ZFW/ZFWI and the CG and CG%MAC when i stumble upon those numbers again.So from whatever progress we've made with your help in the project..herein lie my first hurdles/challenges , what i had hoped and intended to do (hopeful.... but not too far fetched ??).. is to superimpose a Plot based on x and y .. on a page with the graph serving as a background , x being indices and y the weights both of which my script already derives.
I could always only just print out the calculated CG's and %MAC's which would be a simple solution to the task on hand , but showing the graph is more challenging and its always fun to add some more learning curves .If it is concluded that it is in fact posssible to depict the graph , the question is about how to scale it i.e pixels vs Drafted Chart , i have not yet begun to plot various instances of x and y's with the program to see how far off it is and in which instances so.....assuming that ...we are...(well its not a purely personal project effort now ) ..able to somehow get the scale right )
so
Limits for the CG%MAC's ....to be honest i have'nt yet understood how to derive those...for a dynamic range of weights and indices that is