PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 17th Jun 2008, 10:23
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get real people, there is a war on.

And has been since the 90s on 47 Sqn and many other Sqns in the RAF, in case you hadn't noticed.

Do you know something we don't about what brought down XV230 regarding enemy action? Or was it simply engineering incompetence?

Along with the dangerously incompetent engineering/management decision to continue AAR after the crash?

Or are you in the camp that AAR should be continued tomorrow?

And how long do you think the war will last? 20 years? 30 years?

Get real people.....sound advice indeed, perhaps you need some advice of your own delivered with the appropriate level of charm.

If any nimrod crew member wants the QQ2006 professional report just drop me a line and i will send it to you.

The Coroner declared Nimrod to be not airworthy after some appalling witness evidence of substandard engineering practice. I would far rather trust his verdict than the unsubstantiated opinion of a former shop steward.

There is a war on, Britain needs you. I seem to remember that slogan from the first world war and the levels of competency then.

Last edited by nigegilb; 17th Jun 2008 at 13:47.