PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 04:32
skydoll.6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for the email!!! (just got through first elimination)

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to thank everyone for all their postings and advice in this forum, I think this is why I was so prepared for the Emirates Open Day here in Toronto at the Courtyard Mariott Hotel. I want to post my experience:

DAY 1:

We were asked to fill out a form, some personal info, some questions like list the 3 top skills a flight attendant must have and list the 3 tops reasons why you want to be a flight attendant. Then they gave us 2 scenarios at the end of the form one of them was what you would do if a drunk man is on the flight slurring his words and acting a bit out of control and the second one was if a man was sitting in the back of the airplane and was afraid of flying and preferred to sit upfront but it was full how would u handle the situation. I suggest that all applicants when writing your answers, stress the fact that you will always be calm and give examples of your great communication skills. and how you can be diplomatic etc.
After filling the form we had a reach test, sadly many ladies were thanked and had to leave.
The remainder of us had to wait for the one on one short interview. I was there for under 5 minutes with a lovely lady by the name of Ingrid. She made me feel so warm and comfortable, both of the ladies that were interviewing were so well carried and pleasant and it really represented Emirates so well and it just made me want to go to Dubai even more. Ingrid asked me what my current job was, why I wanted to be a flight attendant apart from the obvious travel and life style. Then she filled out a slip of paper and invited me back for the assessment the next day. I was ecstatic!

Day 2:
We were 20 of us, I heard there were four groups of 20 that made it to the second day (us at 9 am, second at 10, third at 11 and fourth at 12). We were divided into two groups of 10 and given 3 activities.

1st activity: Introduce the person to the left (name, what they did and an interesting fact about them) that was fun.

2nd activity: If you were stranded on an island, name 5 things that you all agree on in order to survive.

3rd activity: List 10 global issues the world is facing today

After that we were all asked to sit in rows again altogether and they briefed us on proper interview attire, named some errors some of us made in dress, like anklets (which I forgot to take off! oops) open toed shoes (yes some girls wore them), hair should be in a bun, away from face, conservative jewlery, no bracelets or bangles etc. A knee length skirt suit set should be worn, closed toed shoes and hair pulled back neatly in a bun. After this it was over and they told us that we would hear back from them through an email by Wednesday or Thursday. I am soooooo anxious now, Im excited and I want this more than anything in my life and Im willing to work my ass for it and I know it doesnt pay that great to start off with but it is worth it for me to live in Dubai with that kind of lifestyle.

So Today is Monday and I am just waiting for this email...I'll keep writing and keep everyone updated!