PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Hong Kong, the A300-600 cargo outfit
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2008, 03:27
dekka007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So your saying that you get 33K more per year than a AHK Captain flying a CRJ Kenny.

So a AHK Captain gets say US$130K per year give or take 1K. You are getting US$163k per year which works out at US$14K per month right before tax..so your earning US$3K more before tax.

I am pretty sure that by the time you pay your income tax and likewise at AHK the salaries will be similar. Bearing in mind this is a year 1 salary when you join AHK not after 2 or 3 years.

Secondly are you getting 12-13 days off a month minimum? Its more of a life style job at AHK - I have done the CRJ type flying in europe for a long long time and no way would i go back to 4 sector days 5 days a week...keep the extra 3k

You must have the best CRJ job in the world even europe a CRJ Skipper is about just over half your salary mate.

I am not saying AHK is a great job but it serves its purpose of easy flying, blocks of days off a month to allow to commute anywhere in asia, oz.. and the money for most is pretty decent for most compared to where they come from.

You make your choices I guess but AHK does have its advantages for lifestyle over Huge salary. I would love another 2k-3k on the AHK Salary per month as would anyone and MANY MANY things need improved in AHK which are starting to happen slowly (Thank God) however it's also nice having DHL and CX backing for job security at these times right now.

Please also note have a look at Korean Airlines Captain Salary, ANA, SIA Cargo on widebody jets works out about not that much more than your salary a month I believe.

Last edited by dekka007; 17th Jun 2008 at 03:40.