PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Staff Travel Benifits
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2008, 23:00
Gen. Anaesthetic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qlink staff travel

It's pretty much the same benefits that mainline crew get. If you're a First Officer you get domestic economy class tickets upgradeable to business class, and for international flights economy only. Once you've been with the company for 7 years or if you get a command you get business class international flights. This is across all of the Qantas network, including Jet* although the arrangements for Jet* are slightly different. You also have access to cheap fares with a bunch of other airlines around the world.

All staff travel is essentially standby travel, so you have to keep an eye on loads to see what the chances are of getting on your chosen flight. You have to have been with the company for 6 months before staff travel privileges are granted and if you go to Jet* or mainline your staff travel benefits are 'reset'. In other words you have to do the 6 month wait in your new job and the 7 year count starts all over again.

Staff travel benefits extend to your nominated travel companion (wife, boyfriend, whatever), as well as your parents and children.

I've heard a few people suggest that it's great for international flights, but domestically it can be a headache. I haven't used it a lot but it seems to work pretty well and I appreciate the opportunity. There is definitely some strategy required to use it effectively as it's not uncommon for people to be left stranded in some strange part of the world while they wait for a seat to become available.

That's a pretty quick and simple look at it. Hope it helps.