PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easiest and hardest to land
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2001, 05:05
Sick Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Easiest by far of wot I've flown has to be the 777... massive wing, beautifully harmonised controls, more ground effect than you'd ever think possible and somewhere in the region of 5 seconds worth of momentum-gifted grace on runway alignment in a strong crosswind.

As to the worst..... well, they can all bite if you get it wrong. For example, as I recall the 757 it HAD to be powered round the corner in the flare, otherwise embarassment ensued all round.... also if the drift wasn't completely removed it would shake its tail like a wet dog..... however it wasn't bad to land...... no, I wouldn't go so far as to say it was hard to land, it just has quirks.

I think they can all embarass you on the day.... I have heard the Tristar as being particularly unforgiving, and currently I consider the Airbus small family in big crosswinds the most bizarre creations imaginable; the latter will change with experience, and almost none of the former are flying and I won't be flying one soon so don't really care! .

Yeah, they all take A B C to land. Only some days it's A C B. Then on others it A F G B . I think I'll have it sussed the day after I retire, ask me then.

£6

[ 04 November 2001: Message edited by: Sick Squid ]