PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Crew Discussions - I
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2008, 12:24
whatever6719

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabinhostie,on the issue of MEL crew and the flying we are doing, basically, anyone from about 7 years seniority down have been thrown SYD returns. Quite a few of these people have even been thrown reserve which goes against our EBA as we had a choice back then to permanently stay on Reserve or forfeit it forever. Several people have been thrown Reserve for the first time in years. Apparently this matter is going before a hearing to be sorted out according to the Union emails.
MEL crew are suffering financially. You dont need me to tell you the figures involved when DTA plummets from 300+ hrs to 120. Not to mention Bands/OT/MBNT, etc etc. This literally happened overnight. A HUGE reduction in pay with little warning. Not good at all considering the cost of living as it stands now.
I have to admit the bid package for July does look marginally better with bigger days, higher hours but overnights are a shadow of what they were.
We shall have to wait and see what happens when blocks are published.
By the way, it isnt solely the issue of CNS taking MEL flying. It also is due to the high number of MAMers that went across to QCCA leaving MEL short. This probably explains the use of CNS crew. Either way, it isnt fair that such a drastic change in flying can happen and in such a short time. Our EBA states that flying should be shared equally amongst the bases. This is not happening.