PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on my path please??
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2008, 12:01
JohnGV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on my path please??

Hi all,

Im 24 yrs old, 0 hrs, absolutely sooo keen to become a pro pilot.

I am flying out to Victoria, Vancouver Island on july 8th this year where i am going to start training for my PPL (intensive, funds all available) with Victoria Flying Club.

My plan once finished is to return to the UK and save the funds required for my CPL the followig summer.

My aim, eventually, would be to advance into the airline industry.

This, I am fully aware may take me some time. due to the fact that I am doing it all in stages over the next 10 yrs.

My plan was that once i had my CPL i would try to get employment with a small taxi-based or frieght company flying just complex singles or siiliar. Then eventually once built up enough hrs, hopefully a company would hold enough stock in me to put me forward for extra essential training i.e IFR, Multiiengine etc.

I dont have a good credit history due to a misused adolescence! My school GCSE's were poor, so this would disable me from taking a more academic or credit funded route. My maths abiloity is also not great so not one of my strong points, however, i am capable.

I am obviously a complete wannabe at this stage so would welcome any advice or help any one can offer.

Thanks in advance,
John