PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Awful attitude BMI Checkin at BHX
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2008, 11:01
warkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awful attitude BMI Checkin at BHX

Not a happy bunny with BMI baby.
I have flowns many hubdreds of thousands of miles, on many airlines and am not one of those who riles easily, the staff at all airlines have a job to do and it can be frustrating and pressure filled.
I try to be polite and make their time with me as quick and painless as possible

Now to make it clear, BMI Baby Cabin Crew (on the way out) were great, nothing but praise for their attitude and professionalism.

But checking in at Birmingham, I had the worst checkin agent I have ever met.

Up to the desk, girl behind the desk, not a smile or welcome, just "booking ref and passports" no please or thank you when handed over but, "Take those passports out of their covers, Ok say I "but the pages for scanning are readily available without taking out of the cases" "we have been accused of stealing money from them so no, you take them out" Ok, say I and put them down on the desk to take the three passports out of their covers next thing from ms happy "DON'T YOU ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME!" what?? first of all, I did not roll my eyes, and secondly, I am (almost) 50, not a naughty schoolboy!
"I beg your pardon?" says I "you rolled your eyes at me, don't or I will refuse to check you in"
"I think you need to look at your attitude madam" "Right I am not checking you in" "OK, get me the Supervisor" say I. "Stand over there then whilst I check other people in she" says. Err, no, I am not moving until I see your supervisor.
So Supervisor turns up, I explain my side and the Checkin girl says her piece.
Supervisor takes me to one side and apologises for the Checkin girls attitude says she will talk to here and we checkin at another desk. (Probably not happen, but I will be writing to Sir M.B.'s office)

Am I wrong? should we now be treated like cattle and take crappy attitude from people who are only in their jobs due to customers flying with them?

I take it that the check in agents are contract staff, not BMI staff?