PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2008, 10:29
Neo_RS14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Well there are avenues there Soup Nazi, and there is one party of people from this forum whom are gathering together information for some type of legal challenge I believe, hopefully they will see our posts and see fit to comment here. But they have already spoke about it on previous pages in this thread.

Myself, I'm in no position to make any such challenge as of yet. But, I am more interested in the human rights aspect of this carry on....cold hard human rights. There is a Eurpoean Court of Human Rights, which caters for cases which exceed the jurisdiction of member states of the EU, this may well provide the platform for this debate.

Thanks for your information katsogr, it's great to hear that there are AME's out there who understand our plight from a professional viewpoint. It really is quite startling to think how we are in the twenty-first century, yet things are still able to be so ascew, with different countries asserting different approaches...some major countries liberalising, and the others tightening up...or trying to harmonise the more liberal countries with their own particular stance on things...

Look, we're either safe, or unsafe...CLEARY WE ARE SAFE, since countries with more liberal approaches do not suffer from any casualties/accidents relating to this relaxing of the regulations.

Ultimately I have faith that these regulations will be universally more forgiving for us, but it's just a matter of time...as someone somewhere is dead against relaxation of CVD regulations in commercial aviation, and they are obvisouly unwilling to confront the reality that it is not really a flight safety issue anymore. Shame that for the parties affected by the draconian rules, we will probably not able to go into our most preferred careers over this, whereas the children of the future probably won't suffer in this way. And the rulemakers/deciders, well it's just another topic in the boardroom to them, they remain unaffected by it on a personal basis, so what do they care.

Sorry for my somewhat negative tone.