PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 16th Jun 2008, 07:32
206dvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick of the excuses

R22 guy,

That sounds like a lot of excuses. Boo Hoo life's soooo tough I couldn't do it on my own. Didn't have the time or money. Sick of hearing it. Work hard and get there. The world owes you nothing. Never be jeleous of the guy who took the easy way out. The best things in life are hard to get. The rest of us worked in those jobs that we didn't like for years and scrimped and saved to get where we are now. I heard of a student loan pilot who gave up on a loading job the week before the R44 arrived that he was going to fly on frost. The boss was down on frost flying it and was pretty pissed off. Just another of the horror stories that are going around. It's no wonder that we don't want to hire these guys.

I agree with 2 Dogs. The schools need to get thier act together as well. What is so wrong these days with saying "sorry you've done 25 hrs and not gone solo, you're just not cut out for this son". Save alot of money.

I have a guy here who took about 12 years to get his licence and works bloody hard. Guess who will be doing my frost for me this year...