PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2008, 05:07
Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I hope you guys can give some opinions with regards to the following matter .I'm currently pursuing a part time degree at NUS(Mechanical Engineering).I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering and I also joined SYFC during poly though I didn't obtained the ppl.

I've applied for SQ's cadet pilot programme last year only to be turned down due to age limit(22 then).Hence,I decided to do a part time degree at NUS and I've also applied for the officer(engineering) position with SQ.I am currently waiting for their response.Is it advisable to work for SQ in another position(engineering officer/flight dispatcher) while doing my studies?I've a great passion for flying and my long term goal is to fly with SQ .However,my short term goal is to work with an aviation company in a technical field while I complete my studies as I really don't want to lose touch with aviation.Is there any other way I could boost my chances of getting into SQ's cadet pilot programme?Do I stand a lower chance of being selected cause I took up a part time degree as opposed to a full time one?I sincerely hope you guys can shed some light on this.

Yours Sincerely,
Vibes