PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 15th Jun 2008, 18:10
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Nigegilb, I was pointing out that your statement that modern aircraft do not leak fuel was not correct, you now add the word routinely which obviously changes your original statement quite considerably and I would not have posted my reply.

It is clear that modern aircraft do leak fuel, additionally, those I posted were just a small selection of those that have had leaks, I could have added quite a few more.

That aside, nowhere did I say that carrying leaks is normal, nor did I agree, disagree or give any indication of my views on the current discussion about the fuel leaks, wether I think the Nimrod is beyond its sell by date or for that matter fuel tank protection between Nimrod MRA4
(not getting apparently) and Boeing 787 (is getting apparently, by the way 707 do not have protection, but has starting to leak from wing spars and integral tank wing panels and are being carried as acceptable within Boeings maintenance procedures). I will state that I have never been conditioned into accepting anything that I do not believe as being correct and I am nobodys fool.

Your paragraph reference the aluminium bolt versus the steel bolt has no relevance to me in the context of my response to one part of your post.