PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2008, 15:08
katsogr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,
I've been watching this part of the forum a year and half now as I'm sure many do without making a single post.

Now to what NEO said:

The UK could potentially be that nation, if that is the case. I mean we're currently the only state in JAA land allowing CVD deviations right? And if it were up to the UK alone, we would probably keep those deviations for good.
I'm not sure I understand well what you mean by "CVD deviation".
I live in Greece, I have a CVD and i also have an unrestricted JAA class 1 medical issued by the Hellenic CAA. It was not an easy task to get it but after many months of reaserch I fianally made it.

My story is definately a long one and I don't want to bother you with.My point is that Greece might be a country that could help. I know of at least 2 AME's that are very open minded persons and one of them used to be ( or still is) an FAA medical examiner. Especially the latter had told me that is in favour of signal light testing etc. The other one is writting about medical issues in a magazine for civil and general aviation.

We, or me, or whoever, might me able to inform them about the current situtation and how many people are affected. we could do that with a letter to the magazine and then maybe even more CVD's who don't know their options or rights help us somehow.

Well, just thoughts
c u all (or read you actually)