PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2008, 11:34
bristolflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rational at Continental for starting flights to secondary international airports was that it was more profitable than some US domestic routes due to the higher returns of international business class traffic. If this business model is still being pursued one hopes they will cut US capacity before making cuts to European services. No doubt some people are still going to LHR because it is their company travel policy to use BA etc. I've always found the EWR service to be effortless. Well done to the Councillors of North Somerset for a spectacular own goal. FR will still base new planes and in due course they will cost the people they represent money when the decision is overturned. The expanded security area seems to be working well in addition to the new immigration desks. I give the sea food bar six months before it reverts back to "Bar des Voyages"! I've passed through twice since it opened and it appeared the good folk of Bristol were passing up the chance to have a lobster prior to boarding.