PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham Aviation.....Charming? (Not)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2008, 11:04
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rutan around

Alcohol is allowed in Hooker Creek provided you have a permit. They have one of the better systems. Anybody can obtain a permit-black white or brindle so there can be no accusations of discrimination. If anyone commits an offence involving alcohol they lose their permit.It seems to work.Perhaps other communities should copy instead of having a different set of rules for every place you go.
It always amazes me how sidewalk "experts" know that a plane is overloaded. They must know the weight of the cargo the pilot the px's the fuel and the empty aircraft. For the benefit of P-pruners not familiar with the Wyndham area a return trip to Oombie is about 20 minutes.A C210 or C206 would need to carry less than 90 litres of fuel. It would probably run out of room before it reached gross weight.
I have been visiting these hell hole Aboriginal Concentration Camps for more than 10 years now. If I lived in those conditions and was as bored as they are I'd drink too. Governments should remember that repeatedly doing things the same way and expecting a different result is the first sign of madness.