PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vestibular Neuritis
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2008, 05:49
OyYou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
use the inverted commas because this injury, strangely enough came about as a result of using a different pillow and waking up one morning with my head and neck in such an uncomfortable position I could hardly move my Noggin for 10 minutes or so, I have had neck pain ever since.
Curiously, I had a similar problem during my layoff with Labyrinthitus. I'm not convinced though that it had any direct bearing on the condition. I believe my imbalance was caused by a virus getting into the inner ear.
However, while I was kicking my heals for nine months, I attended the McTimmoney Chiropractic School in the UK. By donating my body to the benefit of the students and instructors, I sorted out a lot of my back problems. I found that for me, at least, this method of treatment was very beneficial and some of the very gentle tweaks and twists had a direct influence on the balance mechanism. I had trouble walking to the car afterwards! I would suggest that it could be worth looking for a McTimmoney practitioner in your area.

By the way, has your Blood Pressure started to rise? I was naturally prone to raised BP and the stress of this condition meant that it started going off the scale.

It will get better.

Best wishes