PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Exchange Pilot upsets the yanks
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2008, 01:32
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the 'good fortune' to work with a lot of Australians. Every year in November in Australia, a charity event known as 'Mo-vember occurs where a lot of men (and probably some women as well!) gro a 'mo' - or moustache!

Last year, the event was also held at my airline and about two thirds of the pilots grew mos. It cost each participant about 30 quid to join and the cash went to prostate cancer research. At the end of the month, a p!ss up was held with prizes for the best/worst/hairiest/scariest etc being awarded followed by the shaving off ceremony. It was a great event which led to an severe outbreak of morale. Our chief pilot shaved to one he had originally to start again.

The downside was that everyone looked like a prat for about a week while they tried to grow a top lip eyebrow. And mine took on a truley alarming Freddie Mercury look. After being chatted up by gays twice (once while Mrs W was standing next to me much to her amusement) I decided to try the Clarke Gable look. Unfortunately, it made me look like child molester.

I think we're planning to do it this year. If a whole Air Force did it, that would be an event!