PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham Aviation.....Charming? (Not)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2008, 01:16
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
First of all, the information I posted comes from the Australian, it relates to a evidence presented at a Coroners Court and it is in the public domain.

To those who posted regarding the holding of bank cards and PIN numbers by charter companies, thank you for explaining the logic and necessity of this practice. You might try and tell the Australian or the Coroner about this as well, because "The Australian" article implies, in my opinion, that it was done for an immoral purpose.

Contrary to suggestions here, I am no stranger to the problems of Aboriginal communities and have spent considerable time around the top end over the years and I've seen (but thank God haven't lived in) quite a few from Doomadgee to Fitzroy Crossing. I also thought that the warning "watch out for the empty flagons" on the Tanami track was a joke, until I saw otherwise.

I know alcohol and Aborigines is regarded as a "complex problem" by some, but I understand that "dry" communities are generally happier, and the legislation regarding the bringing of alcohol into them is pretty tough. If Oomby isn't dry, then poor Oombi.

What pisses me off are the "White Enablers" of a lot of these problems, like the pub in Katherine selling wine casks straight off the pallet.

...And if any of you top end pilots fall into that category, shame on you.