PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham Aviation.....Charming? (Not)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 23:42
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Mr Gassit, are you suggesting that the Pilots should be making decisions with the welfare of these people in mind?. Get real. they are paid to fly the aircraft that the Aboriginal people CHARTER.... not try and change the existing culture and mindset of these people.
It IS a complex problem, and certainly nothing pilots or charter companies wish to IMPOSE on them, will change anything other than the mode of transport............ so your last statement,
Hell who gives a sh*t, in a year I'll have my jet job eh?
Is exactly what the pilots should be thinking.

Every last one of you who has dealt with these communities knows the absolute catastrophe alcohol has been for these people.
And who are we to tell them they cannot drink???, whilst we provide them with the income, and protection of the law to do so?. They are a self determining people, and are free to do as they wish, and it is legislated for them to do so.
Pilots fly aircraft, Not make government policy. People paying for a service should not be questioned or limited in the service provided, as long as it is lawful, regardless of the skin colour.
Governments make rules that govern the babysitting process.

we are responsible for what we created in the first place to some degree.
I certainly dont remember creating this problem. and feel absolutely no responsibility for it.