PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raising Funds for Training - Credit Crunch
Old 14th Jun 2008, 22:19
Lord Flash-Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot comment on CTC/HSBC but as for OAT, HSBC will lend £25,000 unsecured (providing you have solid work experience and can provide a good contingency plan). They will loan £50,000 to a self sponsored integrated student and £60,000 to a cadet. Both of the larger amounts are secured on either a UK property or cash deposit.

The repayments depend on the particular scheme. I am a NetJets Cadet and I will be paying my loan off over 6 years. The repayments will be around £1100 per month but NetJets pay 20,000Euros of your salary as a tax free reimbursement of training costs. This is around £1250 per month and leaves the remaining salary + expenses to live on. Self sponsored students who borrow the £50k are expected to pay it back over 11 years and this brings the payments down to around £650/month.

I am personally in a position that even when paying back such a significant loan, I will still have more money than I have had before and will be doing the job I have always wanted to do.

I have around 10 friends who have gone through the training system over the last few years. They did a mixture of modular and integrated at various FTO's, some sponsored, some self-sponsored. There is no question that the integrated guys found their first job quicker than the modular guys but either way, they are all employed and enjoying it.

Rich.