PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Etihad Package...
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 20:53
michaeljpotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps,

I've been reading this topic intensely because up untill a few hours ago I thought the middle east is where I want to be.
I'm only 19, I've got my PILAPT's at Flight Training Europe, Jerez and I've applied for the Cadet Scheme with EY.
My dad works out in DXB, he hates the locals and doesnt like DXB anymore because I suppose he gets a rough time. But I still love going down to visit, there and AUH and I personally thought thats where I ultimately want to be. As a 19 year old with no family ties as such I thought it would be a brilliant place for me.
Love the weather, lifestyle seems brilliant, and as a pilot I'd be doing what I love which is flying.
Having read this though its changed my mind somewhat. I dont like the U.K anymore, I couldnt get on the property market, I couldnt afford a car that I really want. Petrol is sky-high, the weather is appauling and worst of all we've got that mess of that gin primeinister we have in our G&T's.
So...any feedback would be brilliant. Would I be making a mistake if say for arguments sake I was offered a place on the EY Cadet Scheme?
Or as a young single person does it still have more to offer?

Cheers,
Mike