PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 16:07
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenny the King, Im so glad you noticed.

I'll say it again. The point of this thread started by AC was to educate people like us who might have at one time been considering to come to the middle east about the possible negatives. But then those negatives are in the eye of the beholder arent they. If your so happy with what you have there, good for you. When its time to hand out raises, you can stay home and say no thanks. Everyone is interested in making their lot better...how can you do that if there is no one to talk to about it? You going to just accept what the company tells you? Dont be foolish...

By the way, my company, like yours is not too bad. But it has its issues as well. Alot of us are simply researching to see if there Dubai is really the paradise people like you talk about. You have your right to talk about it..and AC has his. Im much more appreciative of AC's candidness than your blind happiness.

Everyone knows Emirates is a descent job, but wouldnt it be amazing if it...
-Had a cash payment pension plan on an ongoing basis....like Cathay!
-Had a continuous seniority based bidding system....
-Had better duty time rules...
-Had better sick day rules and pay... (its beyond me that a company doesnt pay for a quota of sick days like every company and that you defend this! This is a basic human right! Everyone gets sick on occasion. You know Fatigue is sickness also.... and I need those sick days for this reason occasionally...especially after debating with you!
-etc etc!

Talking about theses things on a forum like this is productive because it gets people knowing what their getting into...and gets people talking. That in turn puts pressure on companies to improve conditions.
If AC is so dumb, then why do I have to explain this concept to you? I say it again, thanks AC for giving us the goods.

Here's a good one, I know of 2 people that left a company and gave up a seniority no. to go to Emirates, then after 1 year they both quit and went back to their first comany to rejoin at the bottom of the list again. That speaks volumes and is categorical and irrefutable FACT that what AC is talking about is true.

Finally....if your so happy Kenny, why are you surfing PPRUNE? Surfing for a job (nope), or just have no life? Or just too hot outside to enjoy your nice Villa?

Orange