PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 14th Jun 2008, 15:39
2dogz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loaners

It’s not the student loan scheme that’s at fault. It’s the administration and the unethical operators who take any Johnny that walks through the door.

In my limited involvement with the student scheme (5 years with 3 flt trg operators), there were a large number of individual whom suddenly decided that they were going to be pilots today. So after an initial interview and tour of the hangar which they failed to name one type of the four to five choppers in the hangar, (some calling the R22 a 300, to my disgust) it was a quick thanks for calling in and I let you know if we have any slots available (don’t call me, we’ll call you) and off they we went across the field to these other guys.

And then when the guys or gals whom had done sometime as a Ag / loopy loady, crewman or a shooter, dreaming of the day they are at the control, or the guy that had saved the cash (shearing, on the chain, or dodging bullets in Iraqi) and were smart enough to use the loan to their advantage, Then I had a slot for them, once they completed there exams (not like these other operators).

Some of these on potential loaners, I won’t even let them wash a machine, let alone fly it.

Remember. Have a plan, and work the plan, network! The only person interested in your aviation career is you!

2dogs