PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Crew Discussions - I
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 13:23
fluffyderby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QCCA at short haul

Rumour mill has it that management will be making a play for that in the next short haul EBA...why wouldn't they? They are cheaper than Casuals, and why would short haul be the exception to long haul and Jetstar "B" scales.

Of course current F/A's would have to be stupid to accept it...unless you are intending to jump ship prior to the subsequent EBA and the carrot they dangle is HUGE...but then stranger things have happened before ie. the Regional flying EBA debarcle that got over the line.

I understand that that old fear factor/loss of flying/job chestnut was rolled out by managment prior to voting...but in 5 yrs time management at long haul will have enough QCCAs that they will be handing QF Airways crew their conditions-take it or leave it.

Anyway...Qantas management are light years ahead of our unions with future plans.

If you are looking at getting into flying now...I would suggest that you don't. You can earn more money these days waiting tables! Or perhaps just use it for 2 yrs to see a bit of the world.