PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Direct Entry Capt
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 11:43
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albatross

Whilst I am sure NC will reply to you, it seems the main thrust of your angst is you think the AOA should not have agreed the 2000 Integration of ASL.

In 1999 the AOA saw benefit in the Integration as it removed the threat of the company forming other ASL's to further denegrate pilot's salaries and divide the pilot group. I understand IFALPA was involved and the AOA wished to get a "scope" clause in our COS.

The company essentially agreed to recruit all future pilots into CX/Veta, but on a "Junior Fleet" concept for the freighters. I believe the AOA held its nose and agreed this because, firstly they were all about to fired in 72 hours, and secondly they saw that by reunifying the pilot body they could regroup and then take the company on at later date... ie July 2001....

You have a mental model how things would have been if ASL had of remained separate with the pax and freight worlds separated; one on B and other on C scale. Do you really believe the company would have settled for that? What makes you think you would not have been recruited as an SO into ASL2 Ltd and on a B-scale lite?

Integration has not been without it's benefit. Many of your contemporaries have picked up Freighter Commands and are now on base and presumably fairly content. SO's who joined in the 90's have done the early Freighter Command, done their 3 years, and are now yr 5 pax Capts.... Has the AOA's decision benefited them?

Whilst I note you haven't answered my questions directly, I assume you joined after 1 Jan 2000 and that you haven't applied for a Freighter Command because it is not attractive to you.

So to summarize your position, pilots senior to you are getting commands and that upsets you. Pilots junior to you are taking commands that you do not want and that upsets you. Before you joined, the Company had an Integration; you knew that, but joined anyway... it upsets you....

Another question if you have the minerals...

Why don't you just leave..... please....?