PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 3
Thread: Easyjet - 3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 11:20
inglebyboro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The stairs my wife needed help with were to get down to the gate, not from the gate to the aircraft.

I appreciate that EasyJet palm off ground handling agent duties to 3rd parties, but I pay EasyJet for my seat, not the handling agent. Therefore, my grip must be with the people I have paid my money to, as I, (or my wife) am the airlines customer.

Easyjet chose to operate from this gate at Newcastle (which has a different lay out to the rest, and is the only one where you have to go downstairs BEFORE you reach the gate). There is no escalator or lift to use, so the stairs are the only option.

If a pax is disabled, there are other options to get the pax onto the aircraft, but it seems Easy do not give a monkeys about people with very young children. If my wife was advised of the problem at check in (same handling agent), she would have got rid of the pushchair then, and carried my son the rest of the way.

I also understand that the gate staff cannot leave the gate unattended, but if one of them went to help my wife, there would have still been staff there to ensure gate duties were acrried out.

I do not pay fellow passengers to assist with helping my wife, I pay the airline.

Once on board, she had a pleasant trip, but as a customer, I see the easyJet brand and logo from Check in through to the destination airport