PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 14th Jun 2008, 11:12
Red Baron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep the post's rolling

Have just finished reading all 9 pages and have found the info really good guys & girls, many thanks.

I can see what people mean about the pay but this seems to be the industry standard these days. Don't get me started on QCCA and what GD did over at QF!

The wages to me don't sound that bad (I'd still be taking a wage cut!) when you have room to move up the ladder a lot faster than at QF, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Things ain't looking to good with our White Kangaroo carrier at the moment as the Licensed Engineers have had enough of 12 years @ 3%. They are requesting a 5% pay increase to which GD is refusing! I've been watching this dispute from the 'Tarmac' with much interest, no doub't V Australia would be watching also. For more info just type in the search box 'ALAEA'.

I too would need to commute from interstate as I have no desire in living in SYD, nice place to visit but not to live in thanks!

I have also applied to VA and to date haven't heard anything more. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing until such time as going by the $$$ amounts offered by VA I'm far better off staying where I am.

Again thanks for all the great info that people have posted, very informative.