PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets seniority list
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 09:42
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B767

What makes you the definitive source on what numbers are correct, as you say, you dont even work for NJ, so all your info is second hand!

I dont deny there are in the region of a thousand pilots at NJ and if you join you will be a thousand and one, but that is no different to any other company.

As for your reference to having to wait so long for an upgrade, the policy says that once you meet the requirements, so for a high houred guy that could be realistically within six months, you have to submit a letter to your fleet manager requesting to be considered.

Your fleet manager will either reply with a yes or no.
Then you can start bidding for a captains position on a fleet.

With the number of planes on NJ's order books there are definitely places for people to upgrade swiftly for the next few years.

So how do you come to the conclusion you will have to wait years?

Also, people have become accustomed to quick upgrades and quick fleet changes to large cabins, and in actual fact this is not normal, name me one other company that offers such quick progression.

NJ has been able to do this historically because of their rapid expansion, but like with everything, it has slowed down and therefore so will the upgrading and fleet changing.(will = in the future, but not yet i dont think)

That is nothing to do with a bad company or management trying to screw its pilots, it is just fact and reality.

NJ has a policy of not hiring direct entry captains because it feels, whether you agree with it or not, that NJ would rather have everyone see the operation from the right seat for a period of time to get an understanding and feel for how, why and when things are done.

That is their right to have such a policy and do you complain about every policy or law in life that you dont agree with.

Your statement of, the experienced guys who join are taking a pay cut...well that in itself must say that they think the package and the wait is worth it and that they value what NJ has to offer much more than what they had at their previous employer or they wouldnt have left.

So if NJ is so unfair and bad, name me a better GA company that offers rapid upgrades, fairly quick fleet changes, a stable roster, the choice to live where ever you like in Europe, an above average salary, an excellent safety record and a slowly but surely move towards a better package.

I would like you to give me examples and facts of where what I have said is wrong.

Finally, the fleet bidding system is not even implemented as of yet (only a seniority list has been published), so how can you claim that you have worked out the time scales to get onto a large cabin, it is just impossible and nothing more than a guess!

It is just boring when people who have limited knowledge of the internal mechanics of the company start complaining about it, inaccurately at that.