PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR 42/72 FO looking for a chance ANYWHERE
Old 14th Jun 2008, 08:12
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dr Jones I never said dont buy a type rating what I said is dont speculate. If you join most companies they will ask for the money back somehow so if you have the guarantee of a job its a little bit more palatable although not nice. I dont like the system but thats how it is.

Pablo you still seem to be defending working for free and most of the guys here seem to be brushing over it. How could you do such things and call yourself a professional aviator?

You probably have worked really hard but so have many other people the big difference is that they havent worked for free! Life is tough and especially this industry. Just because you can afford a type rating doesnt mean you can fly one.
You say no company wants piston time. Ill say you are lying. I came to Europe with nothing but piston time and found a job, had three job offers actaully so your either not looking hard enough or dont want to fly unless its in turbine equipment. Whats wrong with going to work for a company that starts you on twins and works up from there, or shock horror going to africa and getting a paid job and working your way up from the start?

But im sure youll come back and say I dont know you and that youve worked really hard and tried everything else and that this is the only option.

Anyways its seems as though Im talking to a brick wall as your type will never learn and will continue to be a drag on the rest of us.