PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Career!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 07:08
Inspecthergadget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Aviation industry has changed an awful lot since Dada, Waco and myself began our careers (many many years ago) and no matter how much Dada knocks anyone who has the aviation bug you can be damned sure that he's still interested. After all Dada, why are you still lurking around pprune when you could be painting the porch (read that as Porsche).

My advice to anyone thinking of starting a career is to choose your options very very carefully before making any long term decisions.

The TV show Airline is all very well and portrays efficiency at it's best as almost everyone works for the same company. What it doesn't show you is a true dispatcher (Red Cap) at work coordinating the turnround of 3 to 5 aircraft (Some crews speak very little english) at one time and creating manual weight and balance charts for the crew to calculate the stab trim to enable the aircraft to rotate. These days weight & balance is computerised but you can bet you'll be coordinating more than one a/c at any one time.

If you're still keen to give our profession a go I would suggest that you get a short term job with Servisair (affectionately known as Circusair) as a Dispatcher/Red Cap if such a job still exists. From there you can go almost anywhere.

Who knows, one day you may see the light and become a Crew Scheduler.

Good luck!!!