PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Crew Discussions - I
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 04:47
call button

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chux

I read with amusement, all the posts about chux. Unlike longhaul flights where the aircraft are fully cleaned between sectors, and all the tray tables cleaned with spray and wipe, shorthaul aircraft are only fully cleaned once a day. Between each sector, the cleaners race on for about 5 minutes, do very little and get off. They do not clean the tray tables.

Often when you are out on the cart, and a passenger puts their table down to receive their tray, the table is covered with red wine spills (or much worse!!). You then have to race back to the galley to get something to clean it. After you have done this 10 times a day a brilliant idea comes to mind - 'Why don't I take the wet cloth with me on the cart, that will save a lot of time and effort!!!!!!!'

Of course, some shorthaul cabin crew don't bother with the chux, they don't even bother if the tray table is dirty, they just slam the tray down. But they are usually either the 'beehives' or the jaded ex longhaulers, and of course never the 'service excellence AO crew'.