PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life as a Second Officer at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 03:59
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Qantas Pay rates remuneration

OK, I've hardened up the numbers a bit. These numbers aren't calendar year or FY, they're based upon time after checking out as a S/O.

Year 1: Pay rate 64.14/ hour. 744 S/Os will do about 1100 credit hours and average about 120 extra hours of overtime per annum. Add in simulators and ground training and you're looking at 1250 credit hours per annum. $80K Allowances are on top of that (About $15-20K but don't forget that you'll expend some/most/all of that when you're away depending on your eating/ drinking/ sight seeing/ vice habits. Company super is also on top of that although you'll lose some with your own (compulsory) super contribution I think.

A330 S/Os may do a bit less overtime- perhaps about 1/3 to a half- so do the maths on 1150 credit hours to be conservative. Drop (say) $6K.

Year 2: Pay rate for first half of the second year is $68 across all three types. Pay rate for second half of second year is $85 for 744 and $80 for A330- I didn't realise they were so close!

Year 3: 744 $89. A330 $85.

A380 pay rates not yet decided but I'd bet that they won't be more than the 744 given that it appears that there is growing support (supposedly) for fleet pay. What this means for S/O pay into the future I don't know.

Hope that assists. Hopefully it'll be a bit more 'searchable' also!