PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA integrity?
Thread: CASA integrity?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 01:41
harrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the main point to note is that whilst such procedures may have been introduced elsewhere in the world, they obviously have not been adopted here.

Providing dispensation for one pilot could be seen as creating a precedent thereby opening the floodgates for similar requests. This happening prior to any formal implementation of revised procedures, communication and education programme within the piloting community is likely to lead to confusion at best and at worst, something far more serious.

I am unsure what route you have taken to get the changes implemented that your seeking other than a personal letter to the boss of CASA. If your serious in getting the procedures changed as you outline, perhaps seeking support and buy-in from the industry so it is more than a one voice request could help. In this scenario, communicating with the industry prior to CASA would be the way to go. I sense that AOPA is a bit of a lame duck in Australia, but if it were a tougher organisation, there assistance in such matters could be beneficial.

You should have received a reply from CASA, in my opinion it should have been in the negative and no, I'm not affiliated with CASA in any way.