PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 00:30
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has RAl been threatening? I've not heard that and i'd find it very hard to believe. On the whole they're nice to deal with as are Parc. If you have any facts please lets hear them.

As far as i'm concerned, and i have worked for both, they offer a different package so you have to look closely at each and decide which suits you better. The insurances offered differ in a lot of ways and they both have good points and bad points Unfortunatley this requires a bit of research and a basic ability to read english.

As far as tax goes, this also requires a basic ability to read the contract before you sign it. And understand it. Vietnam Airlines pays all your tax liabilities for you. If you come from a first world country and have to show your home IRS that tax has been paid then you need to have a close look at this. The Canadians, Americans, Germans i think and certainly the Australians all have to be careful to ensure they don't have a tax liability at home. Even more so for the australians since jetstar rocked up. Vietnam is now on the tax office radar.

Don't be so naive to think that parc/ral/airline management and the irs i should expect don't read this forum. So please lets hear some facts and not idle slander. Rishworth threatened me followed by a bunch of smilies belongs in a adolescent chat room. Surely it's normal to provide a bond before training starts. PARC are providing the bond first and getting their pilots to pay them back. If RAL don't want to do this then your argument is with VAC, not RAL.