PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2008, 00:18
vans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the contents of this thread in general and the ensuing legal debate between Clapton and Creampuff, I must say that from my own point of view it has been a fascinating read. But what it has done more than anything, is to confirm that the current regs are a mishmash that layman such as myself have little hope of interpreting correctly with out the help of legal counsel. If lawyers can’t agree on what the regulations mean, what hope has the average pilot?

This demonstrates the great need for the entire regs to be overhauled and written in such a manner that they are not open to interpretation, and don’t require each pilot to engage a lawyer to make sure that he/she is abiding by the regulations as they stand. What it further demonstrates is the absolute disgrace of the regulatory reform process having taken so long to complete, with no end in sight, and little if any progress being made at present. Australia is a little better than a third world country in this regard, and the CASA should hang its head in shame.